March 4, 2010

Aptitude Test

The event: Company Presentation and Assessment Test
Organized by: Prasetiya Mulya in collaboration with HM Sampoerna
Take place in: Praetiya Mulya Auditorium, 4th floor
What time: 09.00 AM-12.00 AM

First thing first, the HR team played a video about the Sampoerna's company profile which I 've been familiar with (Confuse? See my post H.M.S.P)

25 minutes break..

Next, the assessment test! I just know that the name of the test is Aptitude test.

What's Aptitude test?
Aptitude and ability tests are designed to assess your logical reasoning or thinking performance. They consist of multiple choice questions and are administered under exam conditions. They are strictly timed and a typical test might allow 30 minutes for 30 or so questions. Your test result will be compared to that of a control group so that judgments can be made about your abilities.
(Souce: http://www.psychometric-success.com/aptitude-tests/aptitude-tests-introduction.htm)

Actually there are many types of questions to be asked based on classification, such as verbal ability, numeric ability, abstract reasoning, spatial ability, mechanical reasoning, fault diagnosis, data checking and work sample. However, not all types of questions included in the test I've taken.

There were only 2 types of questions.. Verbal and numeric. Well, maybe those the basic standard for company to assess people they recruit.. The questions were full in English, used 2B pencil, computer answer sheet, no calculator allowed (made me memorizes the old time when I was an elementary school student) and in a  limited time!

Personally I feel I'm much better in numeric than in verbal.. Hoho, but I'm not sure either. Let's just see the result later!

No comments:

Post a Comment