December 16, 2009

The Graduation Day

To begin with, I wanna clarify it's not my graduation day! Mine is gonna be held next year.. But I just wanna share about my school graduation day. I have a chance to witness the 2009 graduation by become an usher.. This year graduation's is so special coz it's the 1st time that Prasetiya Mulya has undergraduate students! And I feel lucky to be participated in this big event :)

About 2 months ago, I was asked by the graduation officials (who are member of Prasetiya Mulya for sure) to become an usher in the middle of the lift. As I remember I was in a hurry of class so I just smiled and said "okay" then after the lift opened I directly run to my class, haha..

December 10, 2009..
Here comes the big day! I arrived at Menara 165 at 6.30 am and there was hectic already.. I went to my place which was the balcony. With 2 partners, we took and manage the guests flow. It wasn't a hard job at all but what makes tired sometimes was I had to went up and down stairs for uncountable times (hyperbolic mode: ON) with heels >.<

As an usher, especially in the balcony I had several benefits such as seats (coz most guests chose to sit in the ballroom so we got some seats), goody bag (which contains graduation book, magazines, brochures and sponsored books by alumni), free buffet especially for the officials (nice appetite!), transportation and also some pay-off.

More importantly, I have known about the graduation day before I have my own.. So I understand what should I do and don't and be familiar with all those things. It's good to know earlier or at least know.. And other issue was someone I used to love graduated as well. I saw him from up there even it wasn't clear enough, hehe.. I was happy for him and wish him success in every way he takes!

So, that's the story about the graduation day and hopefully next December I'll write again about the graduation day but not as a witness or an usher or an official but as a graduate :)

No comments:

Post a Comment