February 8, 2010

Career Gate

Although my school's graduation day will be held 10 months from now, there are already many work opportunities and vacancies available from companies either on the soft board or in mailing list.. One of the recruiter companies is Unilever, large consumer goods company in Indonesia with their Unilever Future Leader Program.

It's all began with a personal invitation from Unilever via email to attend their career day @ Balai Kartini. After I confirmed, without brought resume or transcript (coz all they wanted was the spirit), me and several my friends from Prasetiya Mulya went together by Ades's car. Actually it's a full load (8 people) so thanks God, the car is Kijang Innova..

The event began on 2 p.m. but we should registered 1 hour before.. Almost misplaced with Balai Sarbini coz the driver heard about conversation between 2 passengers (one of them is me) about Balai Sarbini (they thought the event will be held there) but unfortunately we arrived on time :p

Then we registered, got some brochures and Buavita (yeah it's mango), sat down in the ballroom and wait. It's really not career day at all I think coz there just like info session, you know like showed us their company profile, explain how each division works, career path and position.. Moreover, it was included Q&A session and sharing session with top directors of Unilever Indonesia.

It took approximately 2.5 hours and near to the end we found it quite bored. Guess what? Boys in front of me (read: Vicko, Gio, Ridho) played Bingo! FYI, they sat on the first row >.< when it's over, people dismissed, took snack box and goody bag which contained soap, shampoo and other cleaning stuffs.. And there was free ice cream from Walls as well! Sadly, the taste wasn't good (come on, it's free!)

As we wait for each other, there was a shocked and (I called it) crazy moment! Well let me tell you.. In front of the ballroom, there were banners with last year trainee's photo. One of them is Rowan, my senior and indeed me as a girl admitted that he's the most good-looking from the others.. But the crazy thing was there was a girl (absolutely not from PM) standing beside Rowan's banner and asked her friend to take a picture of her. OMG, please..

Anyway, forget about the details which mostly unimportant, hahaha.. What I'm going to say in this post is me (and many friends of mine) have to face the career world soon. Like it or not, it's almost there and no one can't change that. So just be prepared and welcome to the career gate!

No comments:

Post a Comment