February 11, 2010

I Love Watching Movies

One of essay questions in job application I applied yesterday is about my hobbies and interests.. I answered it honestly, besides what I'm doing right now, I love watching  movies! I found that watching movies is not only entertaining, but also allows me to learn many things. There are many situations in life, different kind of people and stories about them become valuable learning experiences for people who watched. For me, life education is not only from the formal ways but can be gathered as well from fun ways! :D

For instance, yesterday I watched Max Manus: Man of War then I learned a bit of world history at world war II era, especially anti Nazi propaganda. The movie described how the situation of war was, how few young and brave men struggled for their country, how life became less important than friendship and loyalty.. Nearly equal to previous movie, there are many typical based-on-true-history movies such as Three Kingdoms, Inglorious Basterds, Red Cliff, etc. FYI, those movies aren't boring at all, coz they were already "well-packaged" in Hollywood adjustment though still provided old-time settings..

Anyway, I'm not a single genre movie addict. I love all genre of movies except horror! I really dislike horror movies coz I feel I'll get nothing useful or fun after I watch it.. Cartoons are much much better, well although the stories are dedicated for children but I found that cartoon movies have many lessons learned which are simple but deep.

Moreover, there's romantic comedy! Well, I'm a girl and of course I love something romantic and funny.. By watching this kind of movies, I feel like I'm an angel coz I can see many people and their character, their relationships and their life experiences. I learned much from that, how to interact with people, how to take decision, how to read signals, how to enjoy life, etc! Different stories, different situations, different people, different lesson learned. So the more I watch, the more lesson I could get..

So, I think now you know the reason why I love watching movies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment