February 5, 2010

Degrees Of Freedom

I think everyone admires a good life, part of them is about having good relationships with people.. To make it happens sometimes you need to struggle or sacrifice something, so it's absolutely not an easy task in life. What I'm going to share is completely a different idea from the typical advices like communication building and so on..

Somehow I feel that it's better to give a space or distance between two people to make them harmonize. Do you think it's weird? Well, I don't whether it works for others or not but I found it works on me and my mom. Space or distance allows us not to know each other in an extremely detail ways coz we would often had fights because of unimportant things if we were >.<

Mostly while my mom sees an event as an important one then I feel that's not a big thing at all, and vice versa.. Maybe we have many different or contrast opinions and honestly we hard to give in to each other, for real.

I have some real examples.. My mom took a lot of attention to my study life when I was in my elementary school, FYI she always made a Q&A session before I had an exam just to make sure I'll be able to answer the exam test and have good marks, controlled my homework and checked my schedule. It seems nice, right? But I didn't feel comfortable at all..

There were times that I couldn't answer her questions or just felt lazy to work on my homework.. In my opinion, too much know about the process details isn't good anyway. Someone called it the degrees of freedom (I borrowed from you, bro!) yup she doesn't need to know every single details of my study life, providing that I have good academic records and achievements.

Since I wasn't controlled my mom (my final year of elementary school), we hardly ever (maybe never) had conflicts about my study life coz I've showed my responsibility and proved that I'm able to do it well without her supervisory anymore..

That's what I meant by space or distance.. Indeed, it's not a real distance like I live thousand miles from home but it's more like some place (virtual place) that you have on your own and you're free to take care of it whatever you like as long as the result is good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment